Thursday, April 28, 2005

My Life is like a...

No, sorry, nothing. The analogy pumps are dry today.

Life has been especially taxing lately. Work has been ridiculously busy. I have some jobs that are months behind schedule. That notion makes me feel ill. I hate being behind in anything. I'd almost say I'm starting to get borderline workaholic in that I wish the day had an extra three hours so I could finish things up.

My co-worker has evolved beyond simply annoying and is seriously beginning to grate on my nerves to the point that I'd estimate a week or two or her current attitude before I blow up.

I don't like to go into depth about people I dislike, because I don't like being a gossip.
But on the other hand I need to vent:

She will never answer the phone. Well, that's not fair, hardly answers the phone. This in and of itself is no problem at all. The problem stems from the fact that I get more projects for myself because I answer the phones all day. I get more work. Hurray.

Its a struggle to get her to help customers who come to the counter. It basically becomes a contest to see who will budge first. She'll sit at her computer and tick tack away with someone looking right at her. Sometime for several minutes. It just irritates me that she expects me to handle all the customers and phonecalls. Then on top of that do work for her when it involves more than point and click on the PC. Anything involving photoshop is suddenly "A job Braden would like to do". When in actuality its a job Braden only wants to do because he likes to see quality results come out of the shop and he knows he is the only one who can do such. I've taken over several projects just because I don't want to see them bunged up. Good on me for being ambitious and results driven, but its taking its toll on my sanity.

Sigh, oh well, complaining isn't going to get me anywhere, I'll stop here.

In Good News:

I bought a really nice pair of New Balance running shoes and have embarked on that wonderfully difficult to commit to path we call physical activity. I went for an hour long run on Monday, which put enormous strain on my lazy muscles. But I felt great afterwards, and had far more energy in the morning than I did on days without a run. Of course though, the universe can't leave well enough alone and it is now snowing. I like being healthy, but I don't want to be freezing while I'm at it.

Mentoring Photographers at Worth has been a fun experience. My mentee has come quite a ways, I feel. The recent photo she took for the Soft contest looks great! Loads of improvement over her older photos. Personally, though, I feel like I haven't been the best of mentors. Doing things over email has just been...so disjointed and difficult. I feel most of what she has improved upon has been her own self exploration, rather than my instruction or guidance. Our month is almost up, sadly, but I'll throw my name down again to help another person.

because helping is fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eury said...

I'm so happy you are enjoying the mentoring thingee.. you know if you find it difficult by email.. you should set it up to do chat together.. either at Worth or on your own... that way you could work live.. he/she could share directly.. send files and it might be easier for you.

as for venting.. hey.. go right ahead.. that way I won't feel so bad when I vent.. (cause sometimes I feel like I'm the only one)

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home