Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A rather busy week

So, the last little bit has been pretty hopping for me.

At work we finished store wide inventory over the weekend. That wasn't a fun thing, however. Think "counting pens" for 4 hours.

Why, oh why, do I work in a stationery store!?!

However, it does make it fun when "Office Supplies" pops up for a photo contest. I'll have to rummage around on my lunch for things to take and photograph tonight. :)
Work is going swimmingly, the bulk of my major or very late projects are delt with, which makes coming to work and dealing with stress much much easier. Its nice when things just flow.
Co workers, however are, well, less than amicable. Besides being technically incapable of the job they have been given, my colleague/supervisor is now spending a couple hours with a sales rep for one of our giftware suppliers, leaving all the customers to my lonesome. Hurrah. I like all the various graphic work I get to do, but when three peoples work (There are only two of us, but we are quite understaffed for the volume we have) gets shovelled on to my shoulders because I "know how to do all that kinda stuff", I can very quickly get behind and burned out. Which makes for lots of malcontent when I get chewed out for being late on work from both customers, management and the very supervisor who is responsible for adding to my workload daily. Suddenly I can empathize with all those people who snap and cause random bodily harm at the work place.
Outside of work, things are hunky dorey. (/me makes a note to look up the etymology on that one). At church I got called to be an assistant primary teacher, basically sunday school for little tykes between 5-11. That'll be fun, I love kids. I was a substitute for a couple times and the kids are really nice, but jeeze, are they ever nuts! I plan out about a 45 minute lesson and wind up spending half an hour trying to calm them down. Like I said, I love kids, I just can't control them (but candy bribery can easily remedy that)

Later today I will try and finangle a raise. I going to email some other print shops in town and see what they would offer as a starting wage for someone with my experience and use that to put the hurt on management here. When you consider I make the same amount per hour as our cashiers, I don't think I'm being overly presumptious or greedy.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eury said...

Oh, I hope you get that raise.. won't make a bit of difference about how you feel stressed..but perhaps you will not feel as "used". I can't wait to see what you come up with in the "office supplies" contest.. you are very creative and I love the work you do :) .. oh.. and thanks so much for the ((hugs)) you left on my blog, even though virtual.. they still feel good! :)

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home