Friday, March 18, 2005

RSS and DQ

Acronyms abound!

Well, gentle reader. It has finally happened. I have recieved my first disqualification at worth1000. It brings a tear to my eye. A good one, mind you. I feel like now I belong, like I'm one of the many. For those who don't know, its kind of a warm feeling; I liken it to being surrounded by your favorite flavour of jello before it has set completely.

Why was I DQ'ed? Simply put, I decided "Carl" was a two syllable word. Admins disagreed. To them I declare: "Fair enough. I shrug happily in your general direction". Besides, it was only for the Haiku Wars contest. No big.

For the curious, here is the offending poem:

----------------------------------

Wow! A Hot girl in
Leather pants! Why is she named
Carl, anyways?

---------------------------------


Non-issues aside, I have decided I need to learn how XML and RSS feeds work. Currently my knowledge of them is roughly equivalent to my experience in dating: Startilingly lacking.

Somehow I can finangle a way to make a program work in such a way that news sites and blogs etc. that I find of interest deliver their respective updates to a single webpage, for ease of reading and edumacation. But, alas, I am confused and brutally brain sacked when it comes to figuring this stuff out. Oh well, I like ignorance anyways...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home