Friday, April 08, 2005

Everytime I read something my writing style changes...

From the early days of my childhood, weaned on Full House, Bill Cosby and the low-brow antics of Family Matters, I had always imagined what life would be like if it more closely bared a semblance to sitcoms and Friday night television. As I progressed in age, my tastes in comedic stylings matured. In school years the warm glow of the Simpsons, Drew Carrey and the odd British comedy (Keeping up appearances, for example) were oft reflected in my vibrant youthful, albeit naive eyes.
With somewhat of a quiet moment of surprise, I realized today my life, or at least the occupational portion of it, is rather harmonious with the decades old tenets of prime-time comedy. Would you like to know what I have discovered?

I don't like it one bit.

The bitter reality of having numerous co-workers inconvenience me with trivial and utterly stupid matters is not something I've taken a shine to. Looking in my files for their work, asking me question about clients I don't associate with. They are very minor infractions against my sanity, but they tend to snowball to Olympian proportions quite speedily.

Most customers are also viewed in my mind as impediments to my work. But I'll write a discourse on them another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home