Saturday, June 24, 2006

My first day as a wedding photographer - summary: loads of self-doubt

So today my friends Megan abd Bradshaw got married, and I was their photographer. All day. From temple to reception. I am tired. I am also incrtedibly worried that the picture will be terrible. I got some advice from other photographers and I enjoyed but I just don't feel like a did a great job. For one, I couldn't get the camera to meter properly when the ocuple was in shade and the buildings behind were in bright midday sun. Everything came out underexposed :(. but thankfully Raw means I can fix that.

Anyways it was a fun experience. I'd do it again, because hey, I'll learn and its money. I filled my 2 gigabyte cf card twice throughout the day, so now I have about 500 photos to go through. Oh I hope some were good. The awful thing is I won't know for a while. After I finished the first 250 off I dumped the card an another friends external hardrive and kept on going. She's burning them to dvd for me but I wont get that for a couple days. So, yeah. I'm kind of upset because the lights were so dim during the reception, even at iso 1600 I could only get shutterspeeds of about 40 and that with my aperture as wide as I could get it at telephoto, which was 5.6. I know I'm paranoid, but you would be too, and try and deny it.

Yeah anyways, i'll post picture some other time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did a great job Braden!

10:33 PM  
Blogger madame_ava said...

Yep, I'm sure you did great. With 500 photos to chose from there will certainly be enough to make a great album for them.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home