Sunday, June 18, 2006

Food banks and cameras

Okay so the last couple days have been pretty cool. On Saturday I took a trip to the big Calgary for a dance. It was sweet. I went up with just a couple girls. No one I'm especially interested in, just friends. Woo, late night road trips. Things I learned:
  • I cannot crush cans on my forhead. It will hurt and I will not look cool. Also my hands will get sticky.
  • Tacobell food will stir up troubles down south that are not good for dancing on.
  • I am the almighty master of da- funk. Bow to my moves, yo.

On saturday there was a volunteer thang for the food bank. House all over town got bags to donate food on. Then they hung it on the door for collection. Then the collectors brought the food in by the truckload for us to sort. And I mean TRUCKLOADS. We had a semi ready for transport from sorting and there was a forklift moving skids full of food. It was awesome. But of course, some people just threw some ridiculous things in for donations:

  • Shampoo samples from the mail
  • Half eaten loaves of bread
  • Dried beans in ziploc bags
  • Hotel-sized soaps
  • 30gram things of spices
Like, thanks for donating, but really, think.

Also, I haven't had a chance to really play with my new Canon 350D. But what I have done is fun and cool. What I love the best is that the noise is so low. ISO 1600 gets me better quality than ISO200 on my G5. And autofocus is a snap. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Also, I have a bulb exposure mode again (shutter is open as long as you depress the button) which means I can try some star photos again. I'd like to find a cable release though.

Everytime I sit downb to write in this blog I have expectations of some witty discertation on peoples foibles and follies. But I just wind of journalling. And my life is really boring. So umm, imagine some real fun stuff and we be cooling.

aight?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls are great, and road trips are fun too, so the two together equal great fun. Glad the food drive went well also, sounds like you guys got lots of donations, despite the silly stuff.

And heck yes, we want pictures!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home