Thursday, June 22, 2006

123 GO!

I'm really quite surprised. This past couple weeks has been unusually eventful for me. This is in stark contrast to the eye-gouging boredom that usually plagues our backwards little town. Of course what can you expect when your chief enterprise is cattle and wheat (or corn if your from Taber but we don't talk with those people.).
Anyways, now the excitement comes on the wings of my wonderful . . . my decent . . . the news comes from work. Word through the reliable and ever-present grapevine is that the company is being sold. Most people would be worried, losing sleep and generally running amok in a panicy fashion. Not I, gentle reader, not I. Three years of grave servitude to this place has pretty much rendered my 110% apathetic to its well being. My mum is hopefully getting a new job, I'm going to school. Its like the start of a new era. I'm quantatively twitterpatted, to quote a cartoon rabbit.
Sure I'm a bit sad to see a fifty year old locally owned and operated store go under. What self-respecting hometown fanboy wouldn't? But when the very foundation itself if crafted by workers spawned from the shins of lucifer him self, ones loyalties wane. And yeah, its just one more nail in the coffin filled with the good ol' days of homegrown stores and ma & pa business built on family values. Still, I'm only too happy jump this sinking ship like the sea-faring rat I am.
Besides, when it comes to local legends we still have that bridge...and those 70 year old twin hookers.

1 Comments:

Blogger madame_ava said...

Awesome news to hear that you're going to go to school!!!

One of my biggest regrets is that I didnt attend art school. So I am very happy for you.

If you need help picking stuff for your portfolio, just ask.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home