Friday, June 09, 2006

Lightning Round

Fine, peoples want an update, peoples gets an update.

So no real blogging in about a year. Given my award losing attention span (I blame video games, and if the US media had anything to say, they are the root of all evil. Yes, even Hitler) it really shouldn't surprise you. So...what have I been doing. Well, not a whole lot. My eternal soul is still harnessed by the unquenchable hell-thirst of the family owned stationery store. Pencils and pens and demons, oh my!

We moved again. This time to a nice house in the nicer part of town. THATS RIGHT, I SAID IT (you know who you are). This house was owned by my uncle who, shall we say, had a certain affinity for illicit substances. Like when I say he had a closet grow-op, literally, in his bedroom closet, there was a 4 cubic foot grow-op. Apparently all those traffickers who get nicked when they establish big basement hydroponic labs with specialty lighting never truly appreciated the MDF door and febreeze method.
The house is nice enough, its key points are that I have my own bathroom, that I get my own bathroom and oh yes, I have my own bathroom. Im especially anal retentive (no pun intended) about my bathroom and it gets kept really clean. Which is difficult when you share a commode with two other females. I am prone to 12:30 am cleaning fits and nothing puts me to rest like sparkling porcelin and a streak free mirror.

Concerning work again, I made a resolution that I'm quitting at the end of summer and moving on with my life. Exactly to what, I don't know, but I'm done being suspended in employment limbo. I've sent resumes (or CV's to you UK types) to a few other design jobs. But I heard nothing back. Which is fine. All of them were long term, which I don't want. Bah. I'm not a big fan of long-term commital decisions. Not that I don't like moving forward, I just get paralyzed by the fear of making a wrong choice. Like some sort of precognitive regret. Augh.

But that doesn't matter,for today, it is raining. If you know me, you know I love rain. As in, move to Oregon or Vancouver or London and be happy ALL THE TIME! What about Seattle, you may be asking? I don't like their needle. Just what are they trying to prove? Its just another example of what scientists refer to as a "big city wang complex". You know it.

So thats my life, mostly. In a nutshell. To sum up. etc.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jace said...

First things first. I liked the "international space station" and instead of moving I still think you should have just launched into orbit. Then you could live in what ever neighbourhood you want. An when you are living in a space station sometimes you have to make sacrifices, like sharing bathrooms. I never heard 'Otm Shank' comlain about sharing a bathroom on Apollo 13. Secondly if you like the rain so much,then move to Vancouver, at least then you can spend time with you kinsfolk.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home