Monday, July 31, 2006

Ladies, do you experience . . . frigidity!?

click to enlarge

The year is 1947. America has single handedly crushed the axis war machine. The whitehouse gladly gives Russia the "unsightly" half of Germany, and the coloured folk had their own bathrooms. Men were real, bread winning men. Boys had dogs and dirty knees and girl had tea parties. Women had only two real problems, frigidity and getting slapped for not bringing her husbands slippers fast enough. Yes, life was so much simpler back then.

Good grief, is this what womens magazines were filled with fifty years ago? Threatening girls that their smell could break up families and drive loved ones away? Call me naive, but I thought cold-war era fear mongering didn't extend beyond politics.

I love her horrified face. You just know that this is the biggest problem she's encountered today. "Oh sugar, first I burned my tea biscuits and now THIS!"

Reading this ad, it comes to mind how terrifyingly frank women are. I mean, have you ever seen the cover of Cosmo?
"What kind of skank are you?"
"How to seduce the pants off everyman in the room."
"Additional dirty article."

When guys have problems, we internalize. Beyond the occaisional commiseration of a well placed knock to the genitals, we don't talk about our . . . stuff that much. But wow, open a womens magazine and it's health class in overdrive.

Are you girls really that complicated?

For added fun, read the article in a strongbad voice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't comment on this one. I'll just sitting over there if you need me....

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad I can't edit my comments, stupid html tags...

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home