Monday, July 24, 2006

Well to do

I'm listening to dashboard confessional at midnight here, so forgive me if I wax thoughtful.

I feel like I'm setting out now. Like a sea-farer on a a ship sailing through the waves, I can't see anything but horizon and beauty. My life hasn't turned out the way I planned. At all. This is not where I ever wanted it to be. But I am happy. I make my life good or bad. I have my agency, my will. I can choose to be grumpy or I can choose to embrace what I have made. I may have regrets, and maybe its not too late to fix things, but for now I can only go forward and take this new era for what its worth.

My mum is getting a job that pays more and, more importantly, isn't at Southern Stationers. I'm starting University this fall. I got into the BFA program, so I'm happy. Its going to be hard, because in all actuality, I can't really afford school without loans. This is going to be a sharp change from how unfrugal I used to be. Ah well, here we go.

Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eury said...

You know, Braden, my life is certainly not what I expected, but I've learned that all things are for a reason. Be patient... I know that seems hard to believe... but someday it will all make sense.

Big thing perhaps, when a door is locked, don't spend too much time trying to pick the lock... turn in the direction of another door or window. Sometimes our life brings us where we need to be, and sometimes getting there is painful, but in the end worth it.

I wish you the best of luck, you are a very smart and talented person and you deserve really great things in your life.

Maggie

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home