Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Of Furniture and photographs...

One thing people should know about me is that I am far from mechanically inclined, especially when comes to woodworking. Sure, I can perform basic repairs to most small machines, but put a desk together with any degree of competency? You'd sooner ask the Klein government to not waste our money. You know those stories about doctors botching surgeries by misconnecting arteries and leaving car keys in patients? Precisely the reason I will never go to med school. Case in point, my new desk. For its relatively low cost I was pretty impressed by the quality of it; nice good wood, and incomprehensible directions, because we all know anything with a clear, concise assembly will fall apart if an ant looks cock-eyed at it.

So this contraption had maybe 15, 20 pieces tops to it. But could I put it together with ease? Please excuse my self-depreciating laughter. I think by the end of the ordeal I had taken it apart and put it back together twice and had stripped the screws faster than you can say "idiot nineteen year old". In the end it was standing and I had lost only minimal amounts of blood. Yeah, good times. At least it wasn't like the chair Colin and I put together one Christmas. I swear it was forged by Lucifer himself. At night I could hear it whispering its murderous intentions, and honestly, I think glowed as the fires of hell...just a little bit.


In other news:


The final round of our photography tournament over on worth1000 went live for voting on Monday night. I feel my team deserves an apology, because I only got two shots finished for the whole tournament, despite numerous promises stating otherwise. We won't win, in fact I'll be impressed if we make 3rd, but who cares? I had fun, made a few friends, and took some pictures. A win-win situation...well maybe not, but its was great nonetheless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eury said...

Elb.. I know what you mean about the photo tournament. I missed one deadline.. and our team was short on players.. and I was devastated.. but this time around I have again not submitted but our team had 4 members that did submit otherwise I would have uploaded something from my files which I preferred not doing.. All in all.. the tournament is for fun.. and you meet new people and take part in something as a group and took new pictures.. In the end, it doesn't really matter where your team ends up.. we all had fun!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home